Monday, December 19, 2011

The Texture of Winter
























It's Wintertime and last week my senses landed in San Miguel de Allende. Through the soles of my shoes I feel the textures of the cobblestone streets reminding me to take a deep breath and look. The silence of morning frost marks this period between the winter solstice and vernal equinox. A cold wind has started to blow in and cousins just called to say that snow is falling in the North of Mexico.
























Here on the Mexican altiplano, the December sun sits low in the sky and the quality of winter light casts long shadows. In this window the colors of a papel picado converse with the umbra of memories as the year draws to a close.



















The hard earth lures nature into a period of sleep during the cold of Winter. Tuning into this season I decided to let assignments on the table rest briefly and create some personal work. These experiments walk down the corridor of my thoughts as the
year winds down.




No comments:

Post a Comment